Monday, August 22, 2011

Catching Fire

Catching Fire
The Hunger Games Book #2
By Suzanne Collins
Published by Scholastic, Inc

This novel is a sequel to the well known novel titled the Hunger Games, from the Hunger Games series.  In this installment we mostly follow Katniss’ life after her first Hunger Games in which she was a victor along with Peeta.  Since Katniss is the main character the second is Peeta.   They embark on a journey together that is beyond expressions.  It is so captivating and riveting.  Their journey is not without bumps in the road.  She finds out that she represents something more to the people around her then she could have ever imagined.    

This author opened up her writing to allow the reader to feel like they have something in common with the characters even if it does not compare to the extent of what the characters are going through.  They worry about love and friendship.  They are concerned about their families and friends.  They ask themselves many questions that can be applied to almost anyone.  For example when they wonder what people will think if they so or do this. 

As a reader I really like this book.  I cannot really think of anything offhand that I would change about the novel; that’s how good it is.  Another thing I cannot think of offhand is what is my least or favorite parts of the novel; I loved the whole thing as a whole.  I can say that I liked the underlining meaning behind many things that happened.  The novel was unpredictable, witty and entertaining.   

I would recommend this book to male and female alike.  This is a perfect novel for young adults and even adults to get fully immersed into from the first page.  I give this book a 5 out of 5 rating.


No comments:

Post a Comment