Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Place Called Blessing

A Place Called Blessing
Where Hurting Ends and Love Begins 
By John Trent with Annette Smith
Published by Tomas Nelson

As part of a BookSneeze® registration I was given a complimentary copy of “A Place Called Blessing Where Hurting Ends and Love Begins by John Trent with Annette Smith” Published by Tomas Nelson

This novel is about a boy who unfortunately was not given the best chance to succeed.  By the age of five years old he had lost his parents, a couple of years later he lost his brothers.  Unfortunately the stars where not aligning for this little boy.  By the age of eighteen he decided to tough it out on his home and just when he was losing hope the stars started to align for me.  To go from having nothing to living under a roof is a big deal and with time he even got an education.  This story follows Josh’s life and his journey to unlikely success.  Along the way he as lost many things but with every loss he found something he could gain.  

I felt like I was really living the story, as if I was Josh.  John Trent writes with such passion that it is hard to put the book down.  This story made me so sad I cried and so happy I cried.   I cannot find fault in this novel.  It was so plausible and so heartwarming; I would not change a thing.  The message in this novel as definitely tested my faith.  I feel like I can believe again despite what I have went through.  Just like Josh as had the chance to.  This novel is so compelling that it has improved my faith and it will do the same for anyone who reads this novel.  I would recommend this novel to everyone.  It is a quick read that will forever change the readers’ perspective on life.  I'd give this novel 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment